I spent all my blogging time yesterday reading about Scott Niedermayer retiring, and if you are not a Canadian or a hockey fan you probably don't care, but he played for my hockey team, both the NHL one and the National one. So that was big.
But I am finding this week that there is lots to be caught up on, ducks to get in rows, and plans and schedules to make. I also find that the things I want to post about require more prep than I have time for this week.
And did I mention that I really need some extra Bible time?
So I will see you next week.
But while I am gone can you please help me out and answer a couple questions for me?
1. What is your family's favorite weekend breakfast and fast breakfast?
2. How do you manage to get lunch on the table on Sunday when your family walks in the door about half an hour after you usually eat lunch?
3. What are your summer plans? (Okay, I confess, I am just curious)
4. And while I am being curious.....what are you reading right now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





4 comments:
1. Weekend: http://www.bbonline.com/recipe/kirby_mi_recipe3.html
Fast: Oatmeal and boiled eggs (actually scrambled eggs are faster, but boiled eggs require less attention)
2. We usually eat leftovers. If there aren't any, we have sandwiches or make up a pot of macaroni and cheese (you know, from the box . . . ). For awhile I was getting something in the slow cooker on Saturday, then on Sunday morning I could pull it out of the fridge and plug it in, so lunch was ready for us. Don't do that anymore, though.
3. Well, nothing much. We're taking our family vacation right after Labor Day to avoid the crowds. So for us, it's just the same old. Maybe I should think of something to pep us up a little!
4. I'm working on reading all the Oz books right now. I read several as a child, but never got around to all of them. Also I've been a series by Megan Whalen Turner that starts with The Thief. Great stuff!
1. cereal
2. Hubby and I both grew up in an era of big Sunday dinners. We tried that and did not find it enjoyable. Now, we do something quick and easy. I try to make sure there are some type of quick foods or leftovers that are quick to heat up.
3. Relax, have the kids friends over, get kids to the park and library weekly... did I say Relax? :-)
4. Self Talk, Soul Talk by Jennifer Rothschild.
Enjoy your time away! You will be MISSED!!
1. Oatmeal or toast for regular mornings- oatmeal is even easier in the rice cooker, no stirring! New favorite "fast" weekend breakfast is Marion Cunningham's yeasted waffles. Look them up online- you mix everything the night before, add an ingredient or two in the morning, and they taste like fry bread. Amazing.
2. For us, it's dinner- I have 45 minutes to get dinner for 14 ready. Stir fries, crockpot chili, soup and biscuits, or "breakfast for dinner" are all favorites. Oh, curry too- I get everything simmered ahead of time, then warm it up after church and add shrimp and coconut milk at the last minute.
3. With little kids...just family time :) Hopefully some beach days at our local lake.
4. If God Loves Me, Why This? and Happily Forever After, both by Kim Nelson. He's a friend of mine, a family/marriage counselor, and a very popular speaker around the country. Good stuff :)
1. Favorite weekend breakfast: blueberry pancakes and bacon. Favorite fast breakfast: oatmeal
2. We've decided that eating out after church on Sunday is the best plan, when we can do it. I'd rather continue the great fellowship we've had at church. We sometimes eat with another family/families. It's nice to continue the spirit of renewal from church. We just cut out eating out other days of the week and look forward to our Sunday outing!
3. This summer we are RELAXING! We are doing a library reading program, 4-H, cooking lessons (at home), swimming, hiking, biking, napping, gardening, preserving garden foods...just plain FUN!
4. Psalms.
Post a Comment