Friday, June 4, 2010

Three Flour Bread

This bread recipe is also from the More-With-Less Cookbook. I have not made it in a while but that was mostly because I ran out of soy flour and kept forgetting to buy more...oops.

But it is on my grocery list now!

I think I might have split the flour into whole wheat and white because technically there are 4 flours in here. Hmm. Regardless it is delicious, and I usually double it.

Three Flour Bread

1 tsp active yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp honey
1 1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup dry milk powder
1/2 cup rye flour
2 tbsp soy flour
1/4 cup wheat germ
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 1/2 cups or more white flour

Dissolve yeast and water in large bowl. Add salt, oil, honey and water. Mix in remaining ingredients.

Knead until smooth.

Place in greased bowl, turning once. Cover and put in warm place to rice until doubled – about 2 hours.

Punch down and place in two greased loaf pans.

Let rise until double.

Place in cold oven and set at 450F for 10 minutes. Turn down to 350F for 25-30 minutes.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin