We still have the ick. You know it is bad when my husband says that I am staying home while he takes Baby to her follow up appointment from having her cyst removed!
Her appointment went well. The spot the doctor cut the cyst out is still a bit swollen which could just be from the surgery or it could be that they aggravated the mucus thingie next to it so he wants to see her in March.
I just read the most ridiculous thing, a scientist said that it was better to buy a tree each year than have an artificial one, and part of his reasoning is that an artificial one is only used for a few years and then tossed in the land fill. We have an artificial tree, this is the 11th year we have put it up, it still looks like new. So I have to question part of his assumption.
Then again, my brain is so foggy that maybe it makes sense. Who knows, I studied physics, not climatology and carbon footprints.
I was going to write about some of the special blessings God has given lately, but I cannot think how to phrase them to give the Giver justice, so I will save the details and just say this: Our God is Tremendously Fabulous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
Sorry you are having a lingering virus. I've had those before and they are so hard to kick!
Our artificial tree is about as old as yours is and it still looks great. Who knows; we'll probably keep it for another ten years. I think if you get a nice thick one and store it properly, you get more mileage out of it. I can't imagine a tree only lasting three or four Christmases.
Think about it though - a cut tree is replaced every year by the farm. When you toss it out, it breaks down quickly and returns to the earth.
Yes, you can use a plastic tree over and over, but how many years will that be in a landfill before it breaks down?
Post a Comment