I know, I said I was taking a bloggy break, I had started my Christmas Break to focus on what is important, but during the start of the girls' naps when I was checking email and reading a few blogs something caught my eye, and I felt The Nudge, you know, the one that is God basically saying, "I hope you are paying attention, this is important." And because I bend to God's schedule, not the other way around, we interrupt this bloggy break for something important.
Mom's Toolbox is hosting a Bible in 90 Days Read Along, starting January 1. Today she is asking if we are in, and is asking us to explain why.
Well, the key reason I am in is because God said to.
Okay, done.
Okay, maybe there is more.
There were many a year that I read the Bible cover to cover in the course of a year. And that was great, but it sucked to wait until September to hit the Gospels. Then I had kids and stuff got a bit crazy, I threw out the calendar to read wherever I felt led, and then just started reading a Psalm and and a Proverb a day and another chapter (alternating between OT, OT Wisdom, Gospel, Epistle), before finally just reading wherever I felt led. And that kind of worked but I have found I am not reading as much as I would like to. So this sounded like an excellent way to kick start my reading routine again.
But let's be honest, the second biggest reason for taking on this challenge is the fact that our 4 year old is having open heart surgery January 11. (Before you panic, she is very healthy and her aortic valve is currently healthy, but that will not remain the case without surgery). At first glance this could be a reason NOT to do this, after all, when will we have time? But that is why I need to do this. Without the accountability, the encouragement, my Bible will sit, or it will be picked up for only a chapter at a time. But this is the time when I need to all but drown in the truth and comfort of God's word. When I know I will need God's word more than ever. When my time will be crunched more than ever. When I will be at the end of my mommy rope more than ever.
And so I am signing up for the challenge.
Read the Bible
Cover to cover
90 days
about 4 times my previous rate
Will you join us?
How often do you read your Bible? Is there a schedule you like to follow? Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? (Current Favorites: OT - Haggai, Micah; Gospel - John; NT - Ephesians) Do you have a Bible Reading goal for 2010?
We will now resume our previously scheduled bloggy break (but will read any comments joyfully).
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





5 comments:
LOL, that's why I'm reading too. I felt the nudge :)
I didn't feel a nudge. I've been feeling a big shove lately... :)
Kristy, I hope this will be a good experience for you. Praying that the surgery goes well.
wow. wow. WOW! You do have a lot on your plate... and you are wise to balance that with a lot of the Word!
I hope this experience will be as amazing for you as it has been for me. You'll definitely be glad you listened to that nudge. :)
I am so glad you are joining in. I can't imagine my toddler having heart surgery. I pray that goes smoothly and that she's a good patient!
I lost your blog address many months ago, but through another blog found you again today...and the first thing I read was about your commitment to read the Bible in 90 Days. I had been planning to read over the course of the year, but was intrigued by your post and decided that if my local Christian bookstore had a copy of the Bible in 90 Days, I would take it as a nudge from God and go for it! Well, they had one copy left and now it's mine! :) (My husband has even decided to join in too!) Thanks so much for posting this; I really feel that God spoke to me personally through your words (and the timing of my re-discovering your blog)! :)
I'll be praying for Miss Pear's surgery!
Carina (in So Cal with the Aussie husband and many young children!)
Post a Comment