Friday, December 18, 2009

Merry Christmas

We are eagerly awaiting Christmas, such a joyous celebration! Our church has an informal Christmas Eve service of Christmas hymns and scripture reading with a short message that we love, and it is early enough for little ones, but late enough for those who have to work that day. This year we are waiting for Christmas morning for presents, with the plan being stockings, cinnamon buns, and then presents (with lots of coffee worked in!) We love a quiet day just us.

Boxing Day (the day after Christmas Day) we have friends over for supper...and the next day we have Boxing Day 2 and do it again because our house is not big enough to do it all at once.

It is crazy and delightful!

So in light of that I am starting a Christmas break today. There is lots of baking and cooking to be done, and Christmas stories to be read.

I wish you a joyous Christmas and Christmas season, and may the Lord bless you.

(I anticipate being back in the new year as my husband has the week between Christmas and New Year off work!)

1 comment:

Dianna said...

I hope you have a lovely Christmas!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin