Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas is Coming

...in my heart it might as well be Christ is coming!

I love the anticipation of Advent, the preparations, the present wrapping, the baking, the excitement, the fun. But most of all I love how our hearts begin to anticipate, we not only anticipate Jesus' birthday, but also I think the longing in our hearts activates and we begin to anticipate Jesus' second coming.

The presents are all wrapped, just 2 needing ribbon and one to be gifted the day after Christmas needing my attention. Cookie baking will be done today leaving only a slice or two and the logs to be done. Of course I will be making 2 double batches of cinnamon buns, but there is time for that still.

It is busy, it is fun, it is chaotic, and I LOVE it, and pray that each part will be about celebrating the wonderful gift of Jesus.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin