Monday, December 14, 2009

Thinking in the Season

When I was little I loved the fairy tale of the little elves who would build the shoes at night, and the variations of that. Now I long for the mommy version...when the cupboards would miraculously fill themselves with no shopping trips! Wouldn't that be a fun miracle?

Can you tell we were at Costco this morning?

My mother-in-law arrived for Christmas on Saturday, and is here for 5 weeks. We did have a tough moment, or at least I did when she arrived and I realized how close Miss Pear's surgery is, that at the end of this visit the surgery will be done and we will be in recovery mode.

I am very pleased to say that I am done all shopping for December except for a couple runs to Henry's for fresh milk, fruit and veggies once the end of this week to get to after Christmas and once before New Year's Eve. I will be taking my MIL to Target this afternoon for her to pick up a few things, but I am done Christmas shopping (the Amazon order arrived this morning), and am done the big Costco grocery shop that always makes me a bit crazy.

It is a wonderful feeling to know this! To know that I will not be braving the grocery stores next week right before Christmas.

Now we can focus on the fun stuff like wrapping presents and baking!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin