Friday, December 4, 2009

Standing Firm, Hanging On

It has been a weird week where we all have a bit of the ick, but we are hanging in there.

It has been a weird week because it occurs to me that some people are just waiting for us to fall apart, almost like they begrudge the fact that we are handing this crazy time, which is only by the grace of God. I caught on this morning when someone actually gave me a firm verbal shove towards the direction of breaking down. It felt like they were disappointed because I was not a sobbing mess telling them how wrong we were to move so far away and it is too hard, we just cannot do it, and oh it is not fair. That would have made them happy. And they would have gloated but offered no real help, just said that if we were closer.... It was someone I thought I should be able to rely on, a close family member who does not live near us. And it was a shock.

Is it so strange to be able to stand firm in the Lord when the storms swirl?

Is it so disappointing to know that we are not a mess?

Why do we no longer encourage each other (actively) to be strong in the Lord?

Why do we seem to spend more time either being neutral or undercutting rather than speaking blessings and kind words?

I just don't understand.

Maybe it has just been a long week and I am tired.

Maybe the Lord has changed us so much since we have moved here 10 years ago that our families no longer recognize us.

Don't know.

But I do know that He is the only one keeping us going right now.

4 comments:

Alexandra said...

Hmmm, we've got similar relatives! I think a lot of people have to deal with this. It's always a shock to me as well. Pray for them...they are lacking what is theirs, free to claim(Jesus), but they have chosen to turn their back on it.

Donnetta said...

I have experienced similar feelings from others when we have found ourselves standing firm in Christ in the midst of what could have destroyed us.

I have also had the feeling that some felt like I wasn't dealing realistically with what we/ are facing because of how "strong" we were appearing.

I am so sorry this happened to you! Know there are those who do "get it" when you don't fall into a bumbling mess. Especially when it is just for anothers satisfaction of being able to feel somehow a step above you.

{HUGS} and more {HUGS} my dear friend!

And oh yeah, get some rest and get better!

Myrnie said...

How wonderful that in the middle of everything that IS happening, you ARE still anchored.

Mrs. U said...

OH Mrs. Pear!!!!
I will be praying for you and your husband!!! STAND FIRM in the Lord no matter what the cost!!!!

His,
Mrs. U

Blog Widget by LinkWithin