Day 1 and we are on track! Today's reading was the first 16 chapters of Genesis and it took approximately 45 minutes to finish it, which was excellent in my opinion, I expected it to take over an hour, but the shorter time could be due to being very familiar with the material. While this is not my first time reading the Bible cover to cover, it is the first time over such a short time period, and some parts are always more familiar than others.
One of our questions in the email today was to consider what Eve's sin really was. My first thought was that she disobeyed, but it went deeper than that. I think her biggest sin was doubting God's love for her. I think I commit the same sin, but often in the form of, "I am rock confident that God can do it, but doubt that He would do it for me." I confess this as sin, and have sought the Lord on it.
It helped that the Lord was clearly showing His love for us. We told Miss Pear about her surgery today, and while it was very hard, she handled it better than anyone so far. Her biggest concern was if she could take her teddy with her and if we would be there with her (yes, yes). Afterward, when I was struggling to keep it together God gave me this huge sense of peace.
So, yes, He can do it.
And yes, He will do it for me too, I am not excluded from His blessings.
If you would like to join in the Bible in 90 Days head over to Mom's Toolbox, and on this post there is a link to download the reading schedule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment