...but still no news.
We are scheduled for our C-section tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday), and I have to confess, it is weird knowing within an hour or two when you baby will likely arrive. Baring a little eager beaver deciding to arrive earlier (which would be great!). The weirdest thing is that our C-section is scheduled 9 days before our due date, but that I have come to start thinking about Wednesday as our due date, so earlier sounded great to me! It freaked out my husband though, who wanted baby to get all the time she needed to be sufficiently "done". But then again, he can roll over at night without hips cracking loud enough to wake up the whole household!
This past weekend we did the last things that needed to be done. All the closets are organized, which is monumental when you consider that the closet in baby's room is the one that was the "just chuck it in there" closet, since we moved, over a year ago. It is now neat and organized, as is ours. The diaper stash is even stacked in proper order so we can just go in and grab the top package and it be the one we need. Plus everything is washed, including the car seat, stroller, and swing.
The afghan is, of course, not finished yet, but that is okay, I have time as we will be swaddling for a while.
The baby books are not as done as they could be, but that is okay too, the important stuff is in there.
Our play group is rallying to bring meals next week, and our church will bring meals between the grandparents visits, so we are very well cared for.
I am trying to maintain my attitude about the C-section and stomp on my fear with the Lord's help. My attitude is that it is worth it for a healthy baby, and that I am going to trust that the Lord is protecting us from something, either me or baby, that would be a problem medically if we went forward with a VBAC.
So our suitcase is mostly packed, we will add the last things tomorrow morning, after we use them, and now it just feels like we are waiting.
I am not good at waiting.
We are very eager to hold this little one in our arms!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





3 comments:
Praying for a safe, healthy delivery! :)
Blessings,
Mrs. C
So I have been "lurking" on your blog for a little over a year now (a little scary, I know!). I think I originally came across it on a Menu Plan Monday link, but can't remember exactly. As you wait out the next few hours until Baby arrives, I wanted to drop you a line of encouragement and let you know that some stranger in Texas is praying for you and your family. May the Lord bless and protect each of you!
Don't worry about the c-section. My first (9 years ago) was not planned (13 hours of labor and then bam - emergency c-section). I was like you for my second one - not exactly how I would like it to go but heeded the advice of my doctor that a VBAC wasn't the way to go. Anyway ... LOVED the second c-section (6 years ago)! Greatest thing ever! I knew what to expect from the git-go and recovery was so much quicker the second time around!
I'll be praying for a wonderful birthday for your precious gift tomorrow!
Jennifer
I'm sure I just missed it somewhere but why the c-section?
I pray for a healthy baby and an uneventful delivery!
Post a Comment