Tuesday, September 9, 2008

So tomorrow is the big day....

We have tried our best to explain to Miss Pear what is going to happen, and in some respects we have done well, and in others she is kind of missing some of the finer details, but she is 3! We are happy with what we got!

There is basically no chance of anything happening before tomorrow at this point, especially considering I plan on polishing off the chocolate treats a friend delivered as soon as I hit post, and I have to fast for 8 hours before surgery (really, are they kidding me? Do you know any pregnant women who can go that long with nothing?)

The plan for tomorrow morning is to spend the time playing and reassuring our girl, and encouraging her. We hope to have everything else last minute done tonight as all the ahead of time stuff is done. Although it occurs to me that I have to drop off my prescriptions, but worse case scenario is that I drop them off on the way to the hospital and pick them up on the way home - they have a drive thru window, so I am not the least bit concerned!

We have to be at the hospital at 2PM, and by supper time will be holding our baby!

The only thing kind of spoiling my excitement is the reminder of exactly what a C-section entails, especially the spinal and needles, and the thought that it is not a go home the next day kind of thing. Even though we are making plans to bring Miss Pear to visit, it is not going to be the same, and I will miss her so much.

Our hospital does not have wi-fi, or any internet access that we know of, so I will post the pertinent information when we get home on the weekend, likely Sunday. I guess it will be one of those no news is good news kind of deals until then.

Thank you for all the emails we have already received loaded with prayer and encouragement, they mean so much to us. And we know that the only way we are going to get through this is with the Lord's help!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Thinking of you, Mrs. Pear! Here my due date was the 9th and I'm still around, as pregnant as ever. ;) I'm a little jealous of you since you could expect your baby on a certain date and are now holding your little girl! Oh well, no one stayed pregnant forever, right? :) Praying all went well and that your little family is healthy and happy.

Amy said...

Praying! :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin