It has long been said in our household that it is not the first night that gets you, it is the second! And such was the case, but we had a great night last night.
Baby Pear had her one week doctor's visit yesterday (a day early), and is already within an ounce of her birth weight. The doctor was very surprise considering that she dropped down to 7lb 1 oz Friday night, so to get up to 7lb 9 oz in 3 and a half days was impressive.
This accomplishment caused Mr. Pear to pull out his old joke of me not making mommy milk, I make mommy cream. I do remember Miss Pear gaining a pound a week for over a month once she started gaining.
The other good news is that Baby Pear was given the one month development assessment and can do it all...at 6 days.
The one thing that was not so great is she is very jaundiced. Not enough to need the light treatment yet, but enough to cause concern and have us put on an sunshine cycle here. Fortunately we live in California and sunshine is abundant. We are praying that the billy will clear from her system on its own. (But thankfully if light therapy is required, they will bring the stuff to the house.)
Miss Pear is still completely enchanted with Baby Pear, and calls her, "My Baby."
Also, it is because of Miss Pear that we are going with Baby Pear on the blog, at least for now. She has been calling the baby "Baby" for as long as we have understood that there is a baby in Mommy's tummy. When we found out it was definitely a girl, the name was simply added to baby. So there we go.
I will write more about last week and all the excitement. I am also trying to find a picture to post of Baby Pear for just a couple days. So many of you prayed for us so diligently, and it made such a huge difference in everything that I want you to see our sweet girl, but also want to balance that out with our privacy and safety (I know that my readers are wonderful, but we are very protective of our girls!).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





3 comments:
I'll be praying about the jaundice. Samuel developed the secondary kind of jaundice that requires oral meds to get rid of, so I know the worry your are feeling. Maybe some slow strolls through the back yard or around the neighborhood will be just the right thing to help that bilirubin break down.
I would love to see a pic to Baby Pear, but understand your hesitation. Just trust the Lord's leading in that area...
Praying for continued healing for you and adjustment to a house with lots of PINK!
My dear friend... although life has taken me from the cyberworld lately, thoughts of you and your precious family have not been far from my mind!!!
Rejoicing beyond measure with all of you at the arrival of the sweet little one! Praying specifically for the jaundice!
Hoping life will allow me to keep in touch a bit better than I have been as of late! Just be reminded you are always in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Hugs to you!...mommy :-)
I am SOOOOO happy to hear that things are going well and that both daughters are well, too!! What a BLESSING!!!! I will pray for continued good health and a good recovery for you!!
His,
Mrs. U
Post a Comment