Thursday, September 25, 2008

2 Week Check Up

Wednesday was Baby Pear's two week check up.

She weighed 8 lb 10 oz. Up a pound from her birth weight (which is kind of funny because they give babies 2 weeks to gain back their birth weight, she had done it in a week), and up 1 lb 1 oz from last Tuesday. (Her lowest weight was the Friday night in the hospital when she weighed 7 lb 1 oz).

She measured 21 inches, up one inch from last Tuesday, and an inch and a half from when she was born.

So she is doing great, and we are thrilled.

She continues to pick her head up and toss it back which is kind of anxiety inducing when you are holding her on your shoulder - her favorite position. And she can hold her head up for a surprising amount of time! She remains an active baby and both Mr. Pear and his mom have asked if she was really this active in me, when I say she is calmer now, they are very surprised.

The question in our mind is if she will follow her older sister and gain a pound a week for the month. (Her cousin was born at 10 lbs and gained a pound a week for the first 2 months - hence the blue ribbon pumpkin baby status!)

Either way, she is healthy and that is all that matters.

When Miss Pear was born we just took for granted that everything would be fine, and that we would have a healthy baby. After last year and our miscarriage we have no delusions about that any more, and are extremely grateful to have a healthy baby. Not that we were not grateful when Miss Pear was born, we just did not have a point of reference I guess. Now we just know to be thankful for the wonderful two blessings we have been trusted with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree miscarriages are devistating. I had two. I am praising the lord that baby pear is doing well. It certainly is a blessing. Clare

Jen said...

Oh, I know waht you mean about the whole head-tossing action! Samuel LOVES to arch his back and throw his head around and look for lights, noises etc. It is actaully hard to hold onto him well because he has turned out to be a very strong little boy! But, would we want our babies any other way?!?!?
Hope you are sleeping now...I am typing with one hand and patting with the other!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin