Friday, June 13, 2008

Planet of the Left Socks

The image “http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/adc/10109528A~Clean-and-Fresh-Posters.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Socks have been the bane of my laundry existence this past week and a half!

Last week I was folding the laundry and was missing 2 of Mr. Pear's socks and one of mine (and no, none of the ones that were missing were a matched pair). So we looked everywhere, including where Miss Pear stashes stuff, sorted through all the clothing items that eat, I mean hide socks, sorted through the clothes hamper thinking they got left behind (getting to the bottom of the hamper is not my forte right now), and rechecked the washer and dryer. No socks.

So I decided the way to handle this was to do all the laundry the next day and hope it showed up. We found my missing sock, but Mr. Pear's two socks were still missing.

This resulted in an all out search...again.

Mr. Pear looked in Miss Pear's room again, and found his two socks under her bed. Apparently she had absconded with them. But at least they were found and clean!

I figured I had found all the missing socks!

However, after I folded all the laundry, I discovered that 2 of Miss Pear's socks were missing....

After much searching I did find one of her socks stuck in her dance leotard, so I was only missing one sock, and could NOT find it!

Then that night I went to look for a bookmark in my nightstand. And guess what I found. Miss Pear's missing sock plus two more matched sets of hers.....

I think I have finally found all the socks in our house, and if a whole pair is missing, please do not tell me!

Am I the only one with a laundry assistant who makes off with the socks?

What disappears in your house?

Picture from allposters.com

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Red Chief likes to hide things down the furnace vents. We've been missing one of the remotes for a few weeks now, though, and searched all the furnace vents. Methinks he has another hiding place that I don't know about!

Jen said...

We lose socks, too. My girls like to wear socks to bed and then kick them off at night. I usually find the missing ones when I wash sheets or, in rare cases, when I vacuum under the beds or wash the bed skirt. It can be frustrating!
If you ever have socks that have no mates, they make great dust rags for little hands. They can stick their hands into them and run their hands all over wood furniture...works like a charm!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin