Miss Pear's birthday on Saturday went wonderfully! We had so much fun with the three families that came to celebrate with us, and sure enough, Miss Pear was most happy with the fact that there were balloons, cake, and that her friends came to play - but not necessarily in that order! It was great. And I did get everything necessary done before people arrived without losing my mind again. (Except somehow the kitchen floor did not get swept...oh well.)
Saturday night we took Miss Pear out for burgers and shakes, and she had a great time.
Sunday we left home at 9, went to church, left immediately after (missing Sunday School) to drive down to a friend's house because she was hosting a brunch for other friends who moved out of state and were just here for the weekend (we literally arrived right on time). Funny thing is that there was a table of presents for Miss Pear! They totally spoiled her. These are all women who consider themselves aunts and grandmas, so you can just imagine.
We got home just in time for supper exhausted, but happy.
Monday was a VERY quiet day. We did make it to the park for play group, but even that was too much for my little over tired girl. Monday night I watched game 4 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Actually, I just watched the last 5 minutes of regulation time, and then the three over times. They were 5 minutes short of playing 2 full games that night! Although by the end the only way to describe it is to say that it felt like that old song...."This is the song that never ends....it goes on and on and on...." You could tell the players were completely exhausted, but were still playing good hockey! It will be fun to see what happens tonight!
Tuesday was another crazy day with meeting two families at the park who we met at BSF and want to keep in touch with. But to be honest, I think all three of us woke up yesterday morning, looked at each other wondering why in the world we were awake! Even Miss Pear seemed bewildered to be awake! Usually having one car is no sacrifice, but yesterday it was hard to get out the door to take Mr. Pear to work so we could have the car. One of the errands we were to run was to get cards, and I love Miss Pear to pieces, but I hate taking her to card stores as they are always filled with fascinating breakable stuff! So I dug through my stash and found enough cards that will work that I can wait, plus I found the anniversary card I bought for Mr. Pear about 2 months ago which was the key reason I was going! So we delayed our quick trip to CVS, and counted our errands complete! We were that tired. But it was a good tired from having great things to celebrate, friends who love us, and a baby on the way!
Although this reminds me that in August I should make a list of all the cards I need until the end of the year and go shopping so that is one BIG thing taken care of!
We do have dance today, and a few groceries to pick up (unless I can rework our menu until the weekend, which I would prefer), and that delayed trip to CVS so I am hoping for a nice quiet day.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
A belated happy birthday to Miss Pear! :D
Post a Comment