Thursday, February 21, 2008

Stretching the Grocery budget

I have posted and talked quite a bit out stretching my household/grocery budget money, and how I am doing better. I am consistently hitting my budget, usually just under, but with the cost of groceries continually on the rise, and the desire to have a nicely stocked freezer of meals for September's special arrival, we have not decreased the budget.

But, with all the freebies I have been getting at CVS I have been sharing my stockpile with a friend who is finally moving back into her home after extreme smoke damage from the fall fires in San Diego County.

Plus, this weekend there was enough to pick up a beautiful bouquet of daffodils, one of my very favorite flowers!

It is so much easier to work hard on these things with little rewards!

Also, with nice full cupboards I have been able to take it a bit easier on myself during this season, which has been a tremendous blessing

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Congratulations! I'm so glad things are working for you and that you have some left over to share. I agree, it's easier to keep doing a thing when you see little rewards like that.

Donnetta said...

I am trying to stretch my monthly allowance a bit too. It allowed a special eat out treat this last weekend for the family! :-)

I hope you are feeling a bit better?! Thinking of you often!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin