Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sharing what we have

This afternoon I started a much bigger project that I realized it was going to be. A friend of ours was displaced by the San Diego County fires in the fall. Her house was severely smoke damaged. She has moved back into her house, but her entire pantry, freezer of food, fridge of food, and most household items were garbage.

So today we went through our pantry and other assorted stashes pulling out what was extra to share. I had been planning to do this, so was buying extra when I could make it work in the budget, but with morning sickness that lasted a lot longer than the morning I was also mowing through a lot of our stash.

Well, we are taking 2 boxes and 2 Target bags of stuff.

I was really surprised by the amount we had, but was also pleased because it was all part of our grocery budget. I am constantly surprised how much further my grocery budget is going! It not only covers our groceries but also our household needs, paper goods and toiletries (including over the counter medications). And there is an abundance to share! The Lord constantly amazes me!

As for the boxes, we will be in our friend's area tomorrow and will drop them off. I think of it like a housewarming present.....

(Plus she is also near my all time favorite bakery, and I have a little money left in my monthly budget!)

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

It is always such a blessing to me as well when I am able to shre what I have and bless others.

I'm sure your friend is very grateful for your generosity!! And I know for a fact God loves a cheerful giver!! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin