So it is all fine and dandy that I say to go ahead and make 6 lbs of meatballs and just cook them up and put them in the freezer, but now you have all those meatballs in the freezer and what do you do with them?
Well you could just cook up some pasta and open a jar of pasta sauce and have spaghetti and meatballs, that is yummy!
Or you could use the jar of pasta sauce, combine it with the meatballs, and make meatball subs (top with mozza or swiss cheese).
Or you could use this handy little recipe.
Put your thawed meatballs in a casserole.
Mix the following sauce up:
Pineapple Sweet and Sour Sauce
1/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 x 20 can of pineapple chunks or tibits
Mix sugar and cornstarch very well.
Add vinegar, mix very well until there are no lumps.
Add soya sauce and juice from pineapple, mix well.
Pour pineapple over meatballs, pour sauce over that, and cook at 350F until hot and bubbly - about 45 minutes or so.
Great served over rice.
Note: when I double this recipe, I do not double the pineapple, I use the pineapple juice, and then we just eat the pineapple!
Next up in the series, apparently in no particular order:
- Once a month cooking - at least it is my explanation of it!
- Planning your shopping, prep and cooking
- Storing your meals revisited and revised
- Keeping track of what is in your freezer and what is the oldest
- Freezer lunch stash complete with ideas
- Freezer breakfast stash complete with ideas
- Recipes I used in my marathon cook that have not yet been posted
- Tips for converting your favorite recipes to freezer recipes
- What little I know about having a group of friends who share freezer meals
- Books and resources I love
- Answers to questions you post for me or email to me (email button is in my profile).
Previously in the series:
Introduction to the series
Why Freezer Meals?
My Usual Method
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Pesto Butter and Chicken Cordon Blue
Chicken Enchiladas
Kitchen Day - Tortilla Soup and Enchiladas (How To)
Blessing of Freezer Meals
Lazy Lasagna - A Freezer Meal
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
One of our fave summer meals is to throw cooked meatballs and chunked pieces of summer squash (yellow and zucchini both work well) into a ziploc bag to marinate in honey mustard dressing (Or just mix equal amounts honey, mustard and mayo). I usually do it in the morning and then thread on skewers and grill or broil. I will sometimes add chunked onions and cherry tomatoes when skewering. Baste with any leftover marinade.
Post a Comment