Monday, July 23, 2007

Happy Birthday to me...

While I usually try very hard to hide my birthday, this year, just in my little corner of bloggiville, I am sharing. For those of you wondering this is my 32nd birthday.

The reason I am sharing this is that I was noticing that there have been a lot of wonderful visitors around here, many of whom are quiet visitors! Ever since we started talking about freezer meals we have had tons of visitors! (At least my by standards!) And I would like to meet you! All of you!

So today, could you please leave me a comment letting me know who you are - feel free to use screen names! and linking back to your blog if you have one?

Also, if you would like, please include a freezer meals topic you would like me to cover or a recipe you would like me to share! or share your favorite recipe with me!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!

You are right... I ahve been coming to your blog to rad about feeezer meals!

Happy Birthday!

~*This Mama*~ said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!
Mine was Saturday and I turned 34. Shhhhhh! LOL

You have helped me out so much with the freezer meals and recipes. I would like to see more recipes to freeze! I want to try the lasagna next week. So far this week I have frozen 14 hamburger patties (with your recipe for seasoning) along with 2 meatloaves and a pan of chicken enchiladas! My recipe for the enchiladas was a little different from yours though. =)

Thanks for all you do.

My blog address is...

http://jens-rambles.blogspot.com

Mark and Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Pear! I have been reading your blog for a week or so (maybe a little longer). I found it via Crystal's blog (Biblical Womanhood).
I am really enjoying your posts on freezer meals. Right now we just have the freezer that is part of our fridge; but I really want to start having at least a few meals in there.
-Erin

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

I was gleaning through my bookmarks and adding blogs to Morning Coffee and 'found' you again. :-)

Jill said...

Happy Birthday... mine is coming up in a couple weeks. You know about me and what a fan I am of your recipes. I am logging them all to make before the baby comes... did you hear? It's a boy!!

Joyful Days said...

Happy, happy birthday. You just keep on doing what you are. I have been so blessed with your blog.

(())

Donnetta said...

Happy Birthday! I'm not a "new" commenter but still wanted to wish you a very good day!! ;-)

Melanie said...

Happy Birthday! True, it was the freezer meals that brought me to your blog, but I am enjoying all your other posts too!

Paula said...

I'm another newbie to your blog, and just a few months behind you in age. :)

Wishing you a very happy birthday!

Blessings,
Mrs. C

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday!

Your whole series has blessed m - and you know I'm planning on using it to bless military families with me here in Italy too!

Keep those recipes coming!

Carey said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is coming up in a month from yours. I enjoy reading your blog, lots of great stuff. Keep on sharing.
Carey

Reviekat said...

Happy birthday, Mrs. Pear! I hope you had a really wonderful day filled with lots of memories!

I admit I'm a lurker too - so much has been going on in our neck of the woods but things are slowing down and I think I'm getting my life back. Please feel free to contact me through email if you would like to discuss your comment to my blog! :)

Revee

Judy D in WA said...

Happy Birthday!!! You are still a baby!

I can't remember how I found your blog. I've been reading it for a while now.

I used to do freezer meals/OAMC when my 4 all lived at home. Now I do it just because I don't want to cook everyday but still want something home cooked.

Thanks for the kick in the pants to get back at it. A meat loaf went in the freezer last night. Along side of the spagetti sauce.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! My daughter is nearly the same age as yours, and I also had a miscarriage a few months ago, I've been reading for quite a while.

Anonymous said...

Hi!

I haven't gotten a chance to read a whole lot on your blog, but when you mentioned freezer meals I immediately put you on my blogroll.

My kids and I are gluten intolerant, which means we can't eat anything with wheat, rye, barley or oats.

Other than a few snacky products, I have to cook ev-er-y-thing from scratch. Can't do drive-thru's or even most restaurants. I've gotten quite good at making gluten-free versions of just about anything, but it does start to feel like factory work after a while. ;)

I'm always on the lookout for blogs like your's. New ideas, new recipes and especially a new perspective and new inspiration.

:)

Nancy

Vicky said...

Hi Mrs. Pear -

I check your site every day. :) I don't think I've left a comment yet - sorry for lurking!

I like your method of keeping your freezer stocked. I did a bunch of OAMC sessions before I had my daughter last November, but I don't have time for that now. :( But maybe once a week I could make 2 dinners, if I plan right and I'm not too tired after work.

Happy Birthday! (Don't tell, but I will be 32 later this year as well. ;) )

Heather Anne said...

Hello Mrs. Pear, and a very belated Happy Birthday!

I was introduced to your blog through Mrs. U! I love to visit new blogs and yours is lovely! I plan to bookmark you when I get home from vacation!

I love to once a month cook when I am feeling well - I used to do it with a good friend at our church kitchen - we made as many as 300 servings in one day - plenty for our 2 small families for the month. We had to budget carefully and shop in quantity, but did it ever make meals a breeze - and having spur of the moment company was a delight! I need to get back to that, but on a smaller scale, I like to cook for two weeks at a time. I like to make a wide variety of soups, simple cassaroles, chili, sloppy joes, etc.. We prefer fresh baking to frozen, but I have frozen cookies in the past too - or the dough to bake later. I also like old fashioned refridgerater cookies ready to go in the fridge.

My biggest problem right now is plastic. My husband has been reading how harmful it is to freeze in plastic and has requested I stop that practice. I have always vacuum sealed our meals in plastic and need to find an alternative. I have tons of quart jars to freeze soup, but I usually freeze a cassarole in the pan, slip it out and vacuum seal in plastic. Any alternative suggestions?

Anonymous said...

I just found your site today and am excited to explore. Happy b-day!
Shorty

Blog Widget by LinkWithin