Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We are home

We are finally in our new home, and we love it!

Last Tuesday we finally closed on our town home.

Wednesday was particularly eventful. We closed on our house, the movers packed us up, and I became an auntie! On Tuesday my sister-in-law (husband's brother and his wife) was taken to the hospital to be induced, after 12 hours nothing had happened, so Wednesday morning she gave birth to their son via C-section. My sweet nephew was 10lbs, 1 oz, and 21 inches of pure cuteness! Everyone is healthy and doing well.

Thursday we were packed up and moved to our new home. It was a very hot and long day. The movers were great. Our new neighbors are great! The house is great. The only thing that is not great was the condition the house was left in. I think the previous owner fired his cleaning crew as soon as we had an agreement and then cleaned nothing...for 4 weeks. I have never seen such filth. We went and bought new toilet seats that day, it was the only way, and I cleaned the bathroom for an hour before we could even shower in it. We have done the initial clean almost everywhere (there is just one bathroom that is still off limits), but I want to get in and do a deep clean everywhere!

Friday we unpacked boxes, got our cable set up so we could have internet to see pictures of our nephew, and had the gas guy come and inspect appliances (he hooked up our gas drier too).

Saturday Miss Pear and I woke up with very bad colds, but we persisted and unpacked more boxes - I finally found our plates and glasses that afternoon. Friends of ours came up to bring us stuff the movers would not pack, and to take us out for supper as a housewarming gift! It was very sweet!

Sunday was spent feeling the ick and unpacking boxes. We have a list of 3 churches in the are to check out, but were too sick to leave the house.

Monday was great - I was sick as all get out, and nothing got done, but we got to see Mr. Pear before he left for work, and his commute was only 10 minutes each way!

Today we are still feeling the ick, but I am very thankful that I can breath again (something I have not been able to do for 2 days even with taking Sudafed!). I spot cleaned the carpet in the living room (but need to really clean the carpets), and we plan on attacking Miss Pear's closet after nap time.

Fortunately my MIL is coming down on Thursday to help, so we will be cleaning, unpacking, organizing, and washing carpets like women possessed! We also plan on painting two bathrooms just so they finally feel clean, even thought they already are.

So basically, I just popped in to say we are in our new home, and surrounded by boxes (but are making progress!), and it is wonderful....

1 comment:

Carey said...

Im so glad to hear you are finally in your new home. I hope you all are feeling better.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin