Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Work of three ladies hands...

So Mr. Pear is in North Carolina. He left Monday morning and will be returning Wednesday night. So that leaves my MIL, Miss Pear and I to our own devices in the house - always a very scary thing....

Our box count is down to three boxes and two mirror packs in the house, about 10 boxes and a crated picture in the garage.

So what is a girl to do with all these boxes and paper? Our trash company has a move in special where they bring you a dumpster so that you may recycle all your moving supplies. Our dumpster was delivered yesterday morning, and by 10AM it was very full. We even resorted to me getting the ladder and climbing in so that I could use my weight to stomp more packing paper in the open crevasses along two sides. My sweet neighbor on one side came out to chat as she was leaving to meet her mom, and did not say anything about the fact that I was indeed standing in a dumpster filled with moving boxes and paper. My other neighbor loaned us his recycling garbage bin for the week so that we could load it up with moving paper. So we are doing well.

Yesterday we also found the mystery missing kitchen box, so I made us a cake and fruit leather.

Today we are off to look for a patio table. We are hoping to have it this week for our party on Saturday...more about that in a later post!

Oh, and the Magnolia tree in the back is now pruned as well, and seeds have been ordered for my veggie garden.

We are definitely not afraid of a little hard work around here!

1 comment:

theups said...

Mrs. Pear!! I am tired just from reading your post! Y'all have been BUSY!!!! But isn't it wonderful to have so much accomplished!! Yippee!!!

When you have time, would you mind sharing how you make your fruit leather??

His,
Mrs. U- who wished you had a picture posted of you jumping up and down in the dumpster!! I'll bet it was kind of fun!!! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin