Without giving away all the gory details, our buyer was treated horribly by her mortgage broker and lender. Now that I have the whole story, I feel really bad for her! She did everything she could to babysit this, and it seems to me that they were less than upfront with her when they realized they had a problem. The lender was missing a piece of paper our HOA could supply in about 5 minutes, if they had bothered to ask. Our escrow person has a gal she works with over there all the time, had we know this on Monday when it seems like they did, or even Tuesday when it was confirmed to be a problem, we could have fixed it, and the dates would have stayed firm.
The only reason I am bringing this up once again, besides the fact I want to admit that even though the buyer was not in town when she should have been, I was wrong about her being part of the guilt in this and that our buyer is now in a tough situation.
When she called her movers to reschedule they said they could not reschedule, so they would have to cancel. She is now stuck moving herself. She is so stressed she was almost in tears today!
So she is in deep trouble.
We are just inconvenienced. Our movers happily rescheduled us, and even expressed sympathy that we had to move our dates as they know we are very anxious to move!
It is surprising the attitude adjustment that comes with a perspective check.
While I am less than thrilled that Mr. Pear has to do three extra 160 mile round trip commutes, it definitely seems better than having to suddenly be moving ourselves!
Why is it that I need a perspective check to have a good attitude about trials? Why can I not just tell myself it could be worse, trust God and go on?
So I have decided, there will be no more whining on this blog about moving fiascos, because as I reread my posts, it sounds like whining to me.
So I leave you with this parting question:
Did I tell you that the Lord has blessed us with a string of miracles that leads up to the big miracle of us actually buy a house (a house!) in Southern California???? This is a huge miracle! And did I mention that my family is all safe and healthy? The Lord has blessed us richly.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
Oh Mrs. Pear, I had to LOL when I read this!! I cannot count how many times I've gotten mad about something only to find out all the details later and I end up being horribly saddened by the way I had reacted earlier. One would THINK that I would learn to react AFTER I've gotten all the details. HA! Sadly, I still do this.
However, I am VERY happy that things are going to work out fine for your move. The Lord just wants y'all there a smidge longer, that's all.
His,
Mrs. U
Post a Comment