Monday, June 4, 2007

A sound mind - yes please!

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Well, we are down to the wire on this moving business, and we begin signing paperwork today. We are very excited, and a bit overwhelmed. I find myself thinking of all the things that could possibly go wrong!

Of course, lack of sleep is not helping. Miss Pear does not have the hang of her big girl bed at night yet, and keeps springing out of it, and we keep escorting her back, repeat ad nauseum. I am trying very hard to remain patient as she was already kind of off kilter before the bed switch with all the talk of moving and preparing, so this was the final straw for her, but we are tired!

We are using the big girl bed without rails as we did not have them yet, we have placed a pillow on the floor for a soft landing, and the bed is very low (special toddler setting). She has fallen out of bed twice, and both times we sprang out of bed and ran in there, and she was already snuggling into the pillow, asleep. So clearly she is fine.

Interestingly enough, we are having no trouble at nap time! I am thankful. I don't understand, but I am thankful.

I almost have my special surprise ready to post on Wednesday, just a little bit of tweaking to the introductory post and I am done. I do hope that you enjoy it!

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

I remember those days with ds, escorting him back to bed, over and over! I wonder if dd will be the same?! Not looking forward to that again, but then dd's favorite thing is to sleep, so maybe she'll skip that developmental stage, ha, ha.

I saw you mention a dinner for meatballs and pineapple. I remember that delicious recipe from years ago. I'll have to look it up with google. Thanks for the reminder! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin