Friday, June 8, 2007

FIF - Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns



Land of Nod Cinnamon Buns
A delicious cheater method

20 frozen roll dough
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vanilla pudding powder
2 tbsp cinnamon
3/4 cup raisins (optional, or add more)
1/4 – 1/2 cup melted butter

Grease large bundt pan (can use angel food pan if need be) and add frozen rolls.

Sprinkle with brown sugar, pudding powder, cinnamon, and raisins. (I gently poke around at this point to get the flavors throughout). Pour melted butter over all.

Cover with greased plastic and clean damp cloth. Leave out at room temperature over night. (Rising time is about 8 hours, depending on the temperature of your house).

In the morning, preheat the oven to 350F. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes and turn onto serving plate.

Best served warm.

This is from one of the Best of Trump cookbooks, I cannot remember which, and I have made this for many a breakfast BSF leaders meeting!

I am trying to think how to make this without buying the frozen roll dough, so if you have some ideas, please let me know! Mrs. U has the answer to this question posted here.

12 comments:

theups said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! I am getting ready to go to the grocery store. Do I dare buy the frozen dough to make these and run the risk of me eating the entire pan by myself???? AACCKKKK!!!

I do not have a sweet TOOTH. I have sweet TEETH!!! LOL!!

This is wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

His,
Mrs. U

Mrs. Pear said...

Mrs U.

Yes! ABSOLUTELY!

And let me know what time we should be over for breakfast.....

Betsy said...

Sounds delish!

Renee said...

This sounds divine! I will be doing these soon! Thanks for sharing.

Joyful Days said...

Yum. Yum. Yum. Oh I am so hungry.

Carey said...

Im going to try this one. Sounds yummy.

theups said...

Hi Mrs. Pear!!
I made these this morning!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!! HEAVENLY!! I did have to make a few changes, though. I didn't have any frozen bread dough, so I had to make homemade. I am going to post about it Monday and, of course, it'll be linked back to you. :)

Thank you SO much for sharing this!

His,
Mrs. U

Alexandra said...

Wow, how delicous sounding. Interesting odea with the pudding mix.

Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. Thanks!

A Juggling Mum said...

Mmmmm yummy, thanks for the recipe :)

Rachel xxx

Tammy said...

I came here via Mrs. U's blog. I knew right away I'd be making these! =) Thanks for the recipe! I just posted a link to you on my blog.

ThyInspiredBliss said...

I am SO excited I found this recipe!! They are rising on my counter as I type! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin