Tuesday, March 1, 2011

On the Mend

Today is the first day where I look at my sweet daughters and don't think they look very sick. They are still tired and run down, but it feels like we are on the path back to health. Such a blessing. There were many things I was grateful for this past week, but I forgot to write them down. High up on the list were tylenol, kleenex, flannel hankies, humidifiers, Vicks Baby Rub, and lots of jammies.

In the midst of the yuck, or the Great Flu of 2011, I got a terrible sinus cold and that did not help matters.

But in good news, we closed on our new home and the girls LOVE it, Miss Pear declares it to be her favorite home yet because of the big yard and she cannot wait to move (end of March). The carpets were cleaned there today for the first time ever in the 10 year old home (eeew!), so next up is cleaning the floors and bathrooms, then putting shelf liner in the kitchen. Along with painting. So we are moving right along.

And in other news, I saw this recipe for lemon curd ice cream and had to share - yum!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

SO glad to hear all are on the mend. I wonder if we had the same terrible sinus cold? Somehow passed through internet connections or something. I'm still working on getting on top of mine. How are you feeling?

YEAH on all being excited about the house!! and double YEAH for it being cleaned!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin