Friday, November 12, 2010

Preparing

It seems like I am always preparing for something:
  • the next meal
  • the pantry for winter
  • presents for Christmas
  • baking for a baby shower
  • baking for Christmas
  • Oh, yes, Thanksgiving
  • Advent - our family celebrates it!
  • Did I mention Christmas and all the crafting we planned this year - fun but lots of work.
In the midst of this preparing, it is easy to miss some important preparing:
  • One's heart with Thankfulness for the Lord's Provision
  • One's heart to celebrate the Lord's Birthday
There is only one way I really do well at this, and that is to have the bulk of the outside the house stuff done before Advent so that Advent really is a time of preparing our hearts and looking forward to the joy of our Saviour's Birth!

Much is done, much more needs to be done.

Tomorrow morning we are heading to a book store to find some new Christmas reading. Each year we add a book for each girl and so does my husband's mom who is so dear to us - she also supplies the Advent Calendars each year!

So what books would you recommend we add to our library this year?

I will share my list next week....

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin