My plan for the rest of the year is not necessarily my plan, it feels like a plan God started to write through what He taught me as we read. One thing that came up again and again in my reading was the importance of being faithful in the everyday. I am great at being faithful in times of crisis, but sometimes in the everyday I get off track. I miss a day of reading, which sometimes becomes 2 or more. I forget to stop and pray for that list I keep by my sink. My kitchen Bible gets put away during a cleaning and not pulled out again. It is little things, but these serve to pull me off course. I have a Bible study I have wanted to do for a while....actually I am pretty sure the book has been in our home longer than Miss Pear, who is 5. This study is about walking faithfully with God, walking worthy, and I will begin that on Monday.
That still leaves the question of my Bible reading because as much as I enjoy a Bible study based in a workbook they have never replaced actual Bible reading for me. So between now and the end of the year I will be reading the New Testament chronologically. Technically in my The One Year Chronological Bible NLT
Although that is a concern for me...not having to catch up, reading at a slower pace. Another thing I learned while reading the Bible in 90 days is that while we are all wired differently, God has wired me to need large portions of scripture daily for my soul to feel nourished, to feel plugged into Him, to hear His voice. That is just me. I am not sure this is enough Bible daily for me, even with the study guide, so if it is not, I will just read 2 days of reading instead of 1, and see how that works.
So that is the plan...I think. I will let you know how it goes...but for now, I have some reading to do.



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
A focus on walking faithfully with other parts of His Word intertwined. Sounds like a good place to me.
Blessings on you as you begin this new study my friend!
Post a Comment