Our homeschooling schedule was just not working for us.
The key problems were that we were not getting all our morning storybook and chapter book reading in, I was not getting my work done, and frankly, by the time we were finishing up we were not having a whole lot of fun.
Old Schedule:
Breakfast, Bible, Scripture Memory and Catechism
20ish minutes of play while I get some work started
9:00 Math and Handwriting
Recess
10-10:15ish Start Reading and Phonics
Playtime
Lunch
Naps
The good thing was that we were done by noon.
New Schedule
Breakfast, Bible, Scripture Memory and Catechism
Storybooks and chapter book reading
9:00ish Girls to play, me to start some morning work, and often the girls "work" with me, but we are at least in the same big downstairs room.
10:00 Math and Handwriting (although we are not doing handwriting while Miss Pear has her cast on).
11 - lunch playtime, work with mom time
Lunch
Naps (yes, Miss Pear still naps)
After nap time and post nap time play in room time to finish waking up we do Reading and Phonics.
This is working so much better for us. The school time is going faster because there is not this feeling of drudgery that we will be here all morning, attitudes are better, my work is actually getting done and I am not feeling so far behind and like I will never catch up. Plus our days are just going smoother.
It was revolutionary to me when I realized that I could set the schedule any way I wanted, and that did not mean finishing everything before lunch when frankly we are not huge morning people around here, at least, not with projects that require a lot of thought!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
I wish we could get all ours done in the morning as well, but we need to draw our schedule out as well. My son needs a break from school between noon and 2 pm, so he doesn't go over corrections until 2 pm.
Post a Comment