Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Car Emergency Kit Update

I am ALMOST finished the emergency car kit that I started working on when it was clear we were moving away from Southern California and were going to have a long car trip somewhere!

So here is where we were at:

When I posted originally I had the following in the car:
  • jumper cables
  • highway flares
  • air compressor (tires, children's toys, check tire pressure)
  • flashlight
  • jacket
  • blanket
  • wet wipes
  • anti-bac wipes
  • wipes and change pad
  • jack knife
  • New Testament with Psalms and Proverbs
  • Pen and paper
  • At least $15 in quarters plus other assorted change
  • umbrella (one of those little folding ones)
I have added:
  • diapers
  • kleenex (spare box plus a sample pack)
  • Cottonelle flushable wipes
  • Feminine supplies (pads also to double for first aid needs)
  • roll of toilet paper
  • 5 bottles of water
  • Nutrigrain bars for high energy snacks that are peanut free
  • Fleece blanket for each girl (they are the receiving blanket size, just big enough to cover up with when in car seats
  • AAA 121-Piece Road Trip First Aid Kit (I did add in children's character band-aids as they make life so much easier)
  • Box of quart sized freezer bags with zip tops for smelly diapers and other assorted things
  • extra underwear for Miss Pear

I still need to add:
With only 2 things to take care of for the car kit between now and leaving here I feel like I am in great shape.

Next up is preparing a first aid kit for the house. I have a list put together by a nurse whose husband is a police officer to work from, so that ought to be perfect!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin