We had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! It is tons of fun with a new little one to added to our family!
Christmas Eve we had an early barbecue supper so that we could make it to church on time. Of course I wore sandals for no other reason than I could. Baby stayed awake the whole service and smiled at the people behind us. Very cute. We then came home, had dessert and opened presents.
Christmas morning we opened stockings, ate cinnamon buns and talked to all of our family on the phone - it takes longer now that so many people need phone time!
The day after Christmas is Boxing Day - mostly a Canadian and European holiday. We had friends over for supper and it was fabulous. The next day we had Boxing Day 2 and had our neighbors over (0ur house is too small to have everyone at once).
And we were exhausted and very full after that!
New Year's Eve is not really a big holiday for us, we just like the time off! But we had Chinese take out for supper followed by dessert and games and regular bed times.
New Year's Day is always the Rose Bowl Parade and taking the tree down for us, but this year we added in watching the Winter Classic - the outdoor NHL game that was at Wrigley Field. It was great.
I love this time of year, it is so much fun, and when it is over we need a year to recover to do it all again!
With the hanging if the new calendar I always start thinking about what I want to accomplish in the next year. Not resolutions, they just break your heart, but goals. My heart has been focused on the Lord in a serious way with all the special reading and celebrating, and it translates into a desire to do some things differently, some things better, and think about what needs to be accomplished.
So next week I will be sharing about what I hope to accomplish this year - and that is my first goal...nice and attainable...I love crossing stuff off lists!
How were your celebrations??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





2 comments:
We ate tons of food too! I love centering holidays around food. For New Year's Eve, we had a great time eating snacky food and having a midnight read-a-thon . . . although I fell asleep about an hour early!
The holidays were nice...lots of traveling so very nice to come home! I'm eager to start back into our regular routine tomorrow AM.
I'm with you on the resolutions...they are heartbreakers. I'd much rather use the start of a new year to let God guide me and refine the areas that need attention. This way the change is dependent on the Holy Spirit working in my life and not my own efforts!
Post a Comment