Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Laugh at myself

It has become my new motto that when I feel like I could sit down and have a good cry, it is much better to laugh. And with two sweet little girls in the house there is ample opportunity.

Lately I have been feeling like I lose a whole day every week - Monday is always just a wash starting the day with Baby's doctor's appointment, and by the time we get home and get the girls settled it is lunch time then nap time then suddenly supper time and then even more suddenly bed time and I am not sure where the day went! So I am feeling further and further behind, but that's okay.

Although it is funny calling Monday a wash, because really, no wash gets done.

Although next Monday wash will get done. Baby will get her first really bath in 7 weeks because she is getting a new harness and the doctor, God bless him, said to bring her bath supplies. I almost fainted with joy, and if you knew me, you would know I am not the fainting type! For those of you wondering, Baby continues to do great.

I had thought about playing along with Works for me Wednesday, but honestly, the only thing working for me right now is a cup of coffee and a book...one that requires no mental thought but to just be pulled along with the story.

Then I ready Donetta's post about freezer cooking, and I thought gee, whatever happened to blogging more about that. Yup, put it on the list of things to do...after I finish my book.

But honestly, I am uninspired. My freezer cooking plans on the horizon consist of making lots and lots of cookie dough to freeze and bake... or thaw and eat...hard to say.

Now maybe I have played too many rounds of Puppy Pals Bingo, but a nap sounds good too...right after my coffee.

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

There are seasons to things in life my friend!

Besides, I'm thinking if my family had a choice of what was in the freezer, meals or cookie dough, your idea of cookie dough would win. :-)

How about if you all head here for dinner from the freezer and then we'll finish up at your place with cookies for dessert. Well... we can pretend anyway can't we? :-)

Thanks, as always, for the link!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin