Saturday, December 6, 2008

More Baby Pear stuff and other stuff too

So at 8AM Friday morning I was on the phone to make an appointment with a pediatric orthopedic surgeon. I only have two things to say about that: first, how sad that there actually is such a thing; and second, how wonderful that they were able to get us in Monday at 9:45.

The rest of the day seem to be monopolized between brain freeze (are you kidding? do we really need to see one of those?) and trying to get all the stuff together that we need, such as a hard copy of the test results, a referral and a hard copy of the ultrasound. While the last one was the hardest to track down because I got caught in the hospital's telephone answering loop, our daughter's pediatrician was excellent in walking us through what we needed to do. In fact, her final words to me Thursday evening were to call her if we could not get in by Monday, if we had any trouble getting the paperwork, if we had any questions, and to just call and let her know when the appointment was so that she had peace of mind....and that she would be praying for us. We LOVE our pediatrician.

So we are now all set for Monday's appointment - at least paperworkwise. Our brains are catching up.

But how sad is it that Miss Pear can say both cardiologist and orthopedic specialist.

Today we are spending the day putting up the tree with a brief interlude to run to Joanne's and CVS for baskets on sale and diapers on sale. And then I am thinking buttermilk waffles for supper because maybe that will tempt Miss Pear's appetite (she has had a cold all week and is just off her game still).

5 comments:

the voice of melody said...

Waffles for dinner sounds great. I love breakfast for dinner once in a while. And, good luck with Monday's appointment. Sounds like you have lots on your plate.

Many sweet blessings!

Dianna said...

Good luck with everything. You will be in my thoughts. I'm so glad you have found some great doctors who are willing to work with you.

Donnetta said...

Ok, so Monday morning it is. You KNOW I will be thinking of you and praying for you!!

Jen said...

Well, at least you know what is going on with baby and have the resources to take care of it appropriately. I know it's tough to endure the unexpected and challenging seasons with our children, but there will be purpose in this season, whether God reveals that wisdom to you now or a little further down the road. Praying for you all!

Alexandra said...

It really does sound as if you have an excellent pediatrician to have caught these things early. Prayers for healing, and for mom and dad's strength of heart. God bless and hugs(()).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin