Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Shopping...

...is officially done!

Remember when I shared this list:
  1. Get special cards and mail them ASAP - Ordered and mailed
  2. Order stamps - Oops, still need to do this
  3. Order picture Christmas cards, the picture was taken this morning (I have a 20% off coupon code for Kodak!) Ordered and awaiting arrival
  4. Pick up a Christmas decoration for each of the girls' stockings (this is tradition, it is how our kids will have decorations for their own tree one year, each with a special story. The grandparents also send them, so each girl will get 3 a year). (Baby's special one with her name on it should be here any day now, but that one goes under the tree, she still gets a second one in her stocking) -Complete
  5. Order one thing online for Mr. Pear - Complete
  6. Mail some stuff. One more trip but the presents are wrapped, I just need to seal the boxes.
For me it is always easier when the shopping is all done, and everything that needs to be mailed is out the door.

Then I can focus on decorating, reading Christmas stories, baking, and wrapping presents for our girls! (Even though we don't go overboard at Christmas, wrapping still takes a while because I LOVE it! Why yes, I do make my own bows, why do you ask?)

Before the picture cards are delivered I do have to still write the Christmas letter. I have to confess that I have not started. I cannot figure out how much of the medical yuck to share with our family and friends. I don't want to dump on them, but also want to share what is going on in our lives. I guess I will figure it out. Any ideas for me?

Most years I buy special Christmas paper for the letter. This year I am planning on just stamping the letters with a nativity set I have. Nice and simple, but meaningful - plus I already have everything here!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Christmas letters are hard. You are writing to a broad scope of people. My suggestion would be to emphasize all the blessings and things the Lord has been doing in the last year. Everyone can stand to hear more about the wonder of God's goodness and grace, right?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin