Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Cherry Insanity

Today we sorted 30 lbs of cherries.

Over 2/3 were ready to be worked with, rest set to ripen more.

The ready ones were cleaned, and the craziness began.

We got 17 pints of cherries completed and they are so pretty.

We had 1 broken jar which broke after the cherries were in and processed, the jar boiled over and then on the cooling rack cracked - very weird...and smelly.

More to do tomorrow as we did not get all the ripe ones done.

When we run out of pint jars we are freezing cherries for pie and will try dehydrating again.

And then we found out we get 10 lbs of Rainier cherries on Saturday after all.

I don't know if I should jump up and down or hide under the covers.

I do know that those 17 pints of cherries make me very happy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin