Thursday, January 7, 2010

Yet another reason I love hockey...

...they love kids and are generous.

One thing I have been trying very hard to find Miss Pear for her recovery is a hockey coloring book. She is a fan of both hockey and coloring, so it seems like a natural fit! But as far as I am concerned, it does not exist.

But I hate to be defeated! After all, I have a reputation to uphold! I was a professional buyer before I came home to be a wife and mom, my profession was actually "supply chain" which is planning and procuring materials for manufacturing. So surely I could find a hockey coloring book.

Nope.

Struck out.

As a last ditch effort I emailed the local NHL team for Southern California, the Anaheim Ducks - of which we are fans - and asked if they could either point me in the right direction or confirm such a thing does not exist so I can stop looking. Seriously, that is all I asked.

They confirmed that such a thing does not exist but would like to send my daughter this instead...as a gift. A kids pack loaded with goodies. How cool and sweet is that?

There is going to be one very excited hockey fan when she gets this.

Definitely better than a coloring book...

Although I am somewhat concerned about what she will do with the mini hockey stick and puck...I might have to crochet a mini net!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

That is so incredible!! WOW!! How fun! Know I have been praying and will hit double time tomorrow as your schedule begins the pre-op stuff!

Let me know if there is anything I can do or specific ways I can be praying. I've got ya' covered!

{HUGS} dear friend!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin