Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Getting Ready

It seems like so much time and energy is spent getting ready right now. Getting ready for Baby's procedure on Monday, for Thanksgiving, for Advent, for Christmas, for Boxing Day, and for Miss Pear's surgery. So much to do, so much I want to do.

This week has been busy. Yesterday while I took Miss Pear to get her N1H1 vaccine Mr Pear got Baby registered at the surgery center. In the afternoon we found out that, as parents of Miss Pear, we were cleared to get our vaccine now too, so that was this morning. It is strange to think that we need the vaccines now to ensure that they are fully functioning and we are fully healthy for the arrival of January.

I have a list of cooking and baking for the holidays and I am scouring the lists to see what I can do early and freeze. Which makes me think about January and what I can prepare in advance, how I can stock the freezer and pantry to make life easier.

We are almost done Christmas shopping, just and Amazon order left to do in December. It is mostly things we need this year under the tree with a toy for each of the girls from us, and one from each other. There are a couple things to be wrapped and shipped. And a Christmas garland with Isaiah 9:6 to be made.

Somehow it feels like my mind and body are in full preparation mode.

And in the midst of this I must be careful not to neglect my heart.

I must not forget to focus my heart on the Lord during Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas, but also during this stress of our girls health issues. The crazier the time the more we need Him. The more pressed we are the more time we need to carve out. It seems contradictory, but a heart focused on God can carry a heavier load because it does not carry it alone.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin