A few weeks ago I was sure we were going to lose most of our tomatoes to blossom rot. But, in a true gardening miracle, we lost about a dozen tomatoes and the rest are beautiful! But HUGE! So today I took a bowl of tomatoes, some green peppers, some jalepenos and some other assorted odds and ends and tried my hand at making salsa for the first time.
I used the recipe from Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving: 400 Delicious and Creative Recipes for Today
For those of you who wonder such things, I needed 10 cups of coarsely chopped tomatoes and got 3 quarts of salsa.
And there are so many large tomatoes out in the garden that there are probably another 2 batches of salsa out there! So I will be harvesting them as they ripen and freezing them as I will not have a chance to can them for the next 2 weeks. My MIL who has been canning all her life said that this works fine with tomatoes.



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment