Monday, September 28, 2009

Multitude Monday 6

holy experience

There is something wonderful about praising and thanking God. I want to be purposefully thankful with specifics, even though there are generalities and always things that I am thankful for. God, my salvation, my husband, my girls all count and are the always ones! I want to find the rare gems in each week that are unique to that day, to that time, and note them.

I want to purposefully and wholeheartedly thank and praise God for His goodness to me!

So here is some of what I am thankful for from this past week:

44. In this unbelievable heatwave that is just ending we have had air conditioning that works wonderfully! (And the heat wave is ripening all my tomatoes and peppers!)

45. My husband returned safely from a successful business trip.

46. My tomatoes are not just producing (after it looked like we were going to lose them this year), they are producing abundantly! So far, in addition to eating as much as we would like I have canned 4 quarts of diced tomatoes and 3 quarts of salsa. That might not sound like much until you consider that I live in Southern California so my garden is actually just a raised flowerbed!

47. I found the next book to use for Scripture Memory with Miss Pear - it is again a book with a verse for each letter of the alphabet that explains the scripture, and this one has some basic doctrine worked in.

48. We were able to fix our dishwasher for $4.

49. God is good, always, no matter what, no matter how it looks. And He always takes care of His children, regardless of how it looks from our perspective. This is a lesson that God has been teaching me and I think I am finally getting it!

50. God can always be trusted, especially with my fragile heart and soul.

51. 5 dozen more pears to can and eat!

52. My crochet assistant...or comic relief!

1 comment:

Linda said...

I love your list. It is so encouraging to see the Father's hand in our lives.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin