Friday, May 1, 2009

Birthday Cake Practice Cakes

Do you remember when I posted about cake pan substitutions and the plans for the birthday cake for Miss Pear?

Well progress is being made.

The first trial cake was on the dry side with not enough icing, and Miss Pear adores icing.

Yesterday I made trial cake number 2, again, just using a box mix that I got on sale...with a coupon.

I once again lined my half sheet pan with wax paper and cooking spray over and under it. I put it in for 22 minutes and when I checked it, it was cooked perfectly!

Plus, I doubled the icing, and while that is a bit on the lots side, it will be perfect for the birthday girl!

So now, all I have to do is decide on an actual cake recipe!

We are slowly moving forward!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin