Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Parenting Gurus

No, I am most certainly not talking about us! I get out maneuvered by a 3 and a half year old regularly!

One of our favorite parenting gurus is Dr. Kevin Leman. He is very easy to read, very wise, has kids of his own, admits that he made mistakes, and is not full of himself. He makes us feel that if he can do it, most certainly we can to!

And he makes us laugh.

Recently my husband was rereading his book "What a Difference A Daddy Makes: The Indelible Imprint a Dad Leaves on His Daughter's Life." He said that since he had another daughter he better reread the book. Actually, I think this will be a book he pulls out frequently over the next few years as they seem to speak the same language with the same dry sense of humor.

Oh, you want an example?

Okay...page 200

Yelling is actually one of my spiritual gifts, second only to beeping the horn

Every time that is quoted to me I laugh like I have never heard it before, and that is only partially because I know my husband is telling me to make me laugh! (And that is a surefire way to make me laugh!) Plus, it reminds me of some of the previous generations of my family!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin