We continued our trend of running errands while Mr. Pear is away on business and we have the car all day, and this morning's trip was to Costco.
While shopping I was surprised to realize that the Costco coupons have become much better - less electronics and more food items or household items. I also have figured out that if it is at Costco with a coupon it matches or beats the best sale at the grocery stores. But two things shocked me today. One was the price for 2 gallons of no-fat milk at $3.19...for 2...at the height of the milk price escalation I was lucky to pay that for 1 (if it was on a tremendous sale)! What shocked me secondly was that they have master coupons now so if you have one from the book you automatically get them all if you have purchased those items! You don't need to clip them all! Yup, that's what excited me to day - a fabulous deal on milk and super coupons. I am SO easy to please.
This week I have also learned that if you want to save money, just stay home. As soon as you go out it just seems like you spend money...or at least I do. I had a list of errands to run as long as my arm, and while usually these are spread out, I ran them all at once so I have a bit of sticker shock.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





1 comment:
I got the same 2 happy surprises on our last trip to Costco. We go through milk so quickly around here, so under $4 for 2 gallons was great! And the coupon thing was great, too!
Post a Comment