Thursday, February 19, 2009

8 hours!

We were at the pediatric orthopedic surgeon with Baby yesterday and she is now officially allowed 8 HOURS A DAY out of her harness! It is so wonderful!

Today we went to a birthday party and it felt surreal to put her into the car seat without her harness on, I had to stop and think about how to do it and make some minor adjustments! I had to stop and think how to buckle a car seat "normally!"

She met new people who had no idea there was anything going on with her and commented on her nice chubby legs - you could actually SEE THEM!

I went through all her clothes that were out, and that were still boxed in the current sizes and organized again to what we can wear! It was so great! Pants are still out because in putting them on you have to pull the knees together, but jump suits that open up all the way like sleepers are okay, and we have a couple of those, so they got put into rotation too!

It never occurred to me how much I just took for granted and assumed that was the way it always is because it isn't, and now that those simple pleasures are being offered to us again, it is almost overwhelming and wonderful.

We go back on March 9.

Oh, and we have a long weekend starting tomorrow, so I will be off having fun with my family!

1 comment:

Donnetta said...

I guess I should have come here first before sending my e-mail. :-)

It sounds like things are going well. YEAH!!!

Enjoy the long weekend with the family and find something to do for YOU! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin