Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just Wondering...

Sometimes I just wonder about stuff, and with my business back ground the news lately has me wondering a lot of stuff.

Chiefly, I am wondering if I am the only one who read the summary about the CEO pay of companies that have gone under in this fiasco and was rather shocked, after all, regular workers would have been fired without benefits for far smaller infractions than this.

Is it just me or does this sound like being rewarded for financially murdering your own company?

(And that is likely the last you will hear from me on the topic, after all, that is not the focus around here, but like I said, I was just wondering...)

3 comments:

Mrs. U said...

I hear ya, Mrs. Pear!! I've been wondering the SAME thing about these top dogs with these companies. I realize that they need to get paid, but THAT MUCH??????? Part of the 700 billion needs to come from some of them!!!!

His,
Mrs. U (a highly opinionated ultra conservative wife and mother) :)

Cheri said...

In reality, some big corporations bring in these guys 9an dpay them big bucks) to run the companies into forms of bankruptcy after moving much of the money and production overseas.

And yes, it's very , very sad.

Anonymous said...

Um, no, it's not just you. They ARE being rewarded for running their companies into the ground. I think the same rules that apply to individuals and families should apply to tycoons as well.

Sigh.

Trixie

Blog Widget by LinkWithin