Recently I have been praying about finances a lot. Unlike many people, what motivated me was not necessarily the last year in the stock market, but rather that we were expecting Baby Pear. Being pregnant has always made me feel vulnerable, and always brings one of my very biggest fears to the top: the fear that I will have to return to work and trust our children to day care and public schools. This is an unreasonable fear as the Lord has impressed upon us very firmly that He does want me home raising our children. But part of me is still afraid. Kind of a case of I believe but help my unbelief.
In light of some of the headlines I wanted to share some verses with you that have been helpful to me, that have encouraged me.
Psalm 50:10-12, 15
For every beast of the forest is mine.
And the cattle on a thousand hills.
I know all the birds of the mountains,
And the wild beasts of the field are Mine.
If I were hungry, I would not tell you;
For the world is Mind, and all its fullness...
Call upon Me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.
Philippians 3:8-10
Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings being conformed to His death.
And then two verses that are essentially life time verses for our marriage.
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not evil to give you a future and a hope.
Isaiah 59:11
The Lord will guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones; you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
What the Lord has been teaching me is to trust Him, to look to Him and not stare at my problems. But rather to lift my problems up to Him and really trust Him. He is trustworthy and loves me. I am to let Him be the one in the driver's seat. This is another exercise in working on my type A personality and remembering that I am not in control He is, and that even though He has made me a very capable woman who can take charge and get things done, that only works when I am trusting on and leaning on Him.
So whenever I start to dwell on what we can and cannot do, on what the issues are, I need to shift my focus, and remember that the Lord knew full well what He was doing when He moved us here and put us in this precise home. (Believe me, God picked our house). It is His job to work, and my job to trust and obey. (One of my favorite hymns)
What verses of the Lord's provision are helpful to you?
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment