Monday, October 20, 2008

Winter Garden Update

Well, what do you know, it worked!

Forgive me if I sound a bit surprised, but the directions for planting garlic were to go to the grocery store, buy a bulb, break it into cloves, and plant said cloves bottom down, top up. That was all. No information on if I should use all the cloves or just compost the little ones in the middle. No information about how long it would take or what else I could expect.

So I am happy to report that after about 2 weeks almost all my garlic is up, and the cilantro is starting to sprout too.

I think I like this gardening business!

Fortunately these new little crops were protected from last week's strong Santa Ana winds that whipped through the area and blew down our tomatoes and broke our fence gate (which was repaired this weekend).

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay for home grown garlic and cilantro! Sounds like some zesty Fall food is in order!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin