

I have a new thing that helps me out in the kitchen so much I just have to tell you! A friend of mine and I get together on Friday's for Project Friday. Now I would be lying if I said we managed this every week, it is more like every second week...almost.
But on Project Friday we get together to do a project or to finish a project, usually baking. So one Friday we made pie crusts, and took them home in disks ready for use. Last Friday we made gingerbread man dough. We have made bread, hot chocolate for gifts, and a ton of other stuff. As a rule, unless absolutely necessary, we don't do the actual baking, just the preparation of the dough and clean-up.
And with two sets of hands and eyes is makes light work and the children are all playing together where we can see them! (Or helping us).
As for sharing supplies and keeping it "even", we take turns at each other's houses, with the one hosting being responsible for suppling the ingredients, but if all of a sudden I am short molasses, my friend will share hers. In the end it all works out!
This has been a tremendous help to me, so I would encourage you to find a friend you can do this with too! It is also helpful for crafting activities too! And if you are wondering how to get your Christmas baking done, now you know what works for me!



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





7 comments:
This is a great idea! Now for me to find a friend who can do this. . . Thanks!
Amy @ http://hopeistheword.wordpress.com/2007/12/11/kitchen-tip-tuesday-little-helpers-in-the-kitchen/
Hello Mrs. Pear!
I popped over from Mrs. Wilt's blog and wanted to tell you what a lovely site you have! How neat that you and your friend get together and share your goodies with each other...that's so much fun!!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
That is a really wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it!
This is a fabulous idea! Sort of like the quilting bees from long ago but much more manageable on a regular basis.
Wonder-full idea. And I'm sure you're cooking up many memories too!
That's a great idea.
You motivate each other and it's fun.
Feel welcome to visit my blog
Laane on the World
Have a great day!
What a fine idea! A group of ladies could even do this in the church kitchen....hmm..... I like that idea!
Thanks for inspiring me:-)
Post a Comment