Friday, December 7, 2007

It's a Souptacular at Boomama's!

And if course, I had to play along! Never mind that blogger is being mean to me and not letting me do graphics, and is being fickle about links, I was not to be dissuaded!

So without further ado....

...If you have been reading around here you know that I LOVE Tortilla Soup, and that I love Italian Meatball Soup, but what you don't know is that usually I just make Handful Soup.

It's A Souptacular

(Hah! I am victorious!)


Handful Soup is not the least bit scientific or exact, and we like it that way!

Start with 3-4 cups of chicken broth (from a can, water with powder, whatever)
Add 1 15 oz can of diced tomatoes
Add a handfulish quantity each of a few veggies you have on hand and need to use up (onion, sweet peppers, carrots, celery)
Peak in you freezer to see if you have about a cup of leftover rice - if so throw that in too.
Season with whatever you like - basil, parsley....
If you would like barley, throw a handful in now and let the soup simmer for about 30 minutes before going to the next step.
About 10-15 minutes before serving throw in a handful or so of Soup Pasta, boil for the appropriate amount of time and serve.

Leftovers heat up great, just add a bit of water

This is a winter staple for us!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin