Monday, February 22, 2010

What's in My Crockpot


I LOVE my slow cooker, it is my buddy, and I cannot count the times it has saved me from meal related disaster!


There are a number of recipes I use on a fairly regular basis, but for this carnival I decided to link the ones that are favorites!

Famous Chili - recipe from a friend who lost his battle with brain cancer. We think of him every time we make this and always around Miss Pear's birthday as we attended is funeral while I was hugely pregnant. Our friend was famous in our small group and church for this recipe.

Famous Mushrooms
- at my first and last job in California they loved pot luck lunches, and one manager ALWAYS brought this because he would be in trouble if he did not! I was less impressed when I realized how easy it was!

My Spaghetti Sauce Recipe - I learned to make this in home ec, tweaked it for a couple years, perfected it and then doubled it to make a huge amount at once! It freezes beautifully. When I need to take a meal, this is one of the first recipes I reach for.

Tortilla Soup
- hands down favorite soup. I love to make this for our Canadian visitors who know they like Mexican food but don't know a whole lot about it.

Taco Chili - Everyone in my family loves this, we eat it a lot. A fun twist on an old favorite.

What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Smockity Frocks said...

Great roundup! Thanks for linking!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin