There is something wonderful about having a decent repertoire of lunches that are quick, simple, delicious, and use ingredients that are always on hand...like tuna salad sandwiches. But it is easy to get into a rut!
So I have a couple ways I spice up my tuna sandwich.
First is the tuna mix itself. While I often do the simple tuna, mayo, pepper and onion salt with a bit of celery and red onion if I have it, I try to remember to make a lower fat version.
The low fat version is actually high on taste! You take one can of tuna, a tbsp of mayo, a tbsp of mustard, some red onion, celery, and grated carrot or finely chopped sweet pepper if you want to be fancy and add more veggies. Then add just enough red wine vinegar to make it a nice consistency. It is very delicious.
My other trick is simple tuna melts. You make your salad any way you would like, then assemble the bottom half of your sandwich (bread, butter, tuna salad mix), top with a slice of cheese and put under the broiler until the cheese melts. It is so delicious and it is certainly encouraging little girls around here to eat more fish!
Of course, it helps if it has a side of homemade pickles and grapes!
And that is my kitchen tip for today!
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



![[the-library.jpg]](https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjZlgbkzq4RFoBQc3lUKiqnqmqJKJ_OvF8tsg4xUtv3A6fDdV2iaYc-f2GJHGXNypj1LPHuqZ8UPUpK7aA0NY7wN5lyaEYmIfFqYSDIxPYzg_rBBouE60A0LABiXUbdI73MhHN24Xb7-nc/s1600/the-library.jpg)





No comments:
Post a Comment