Monday, February 8, 2010

Happy Monday

Somehow last week kind of slipped by on me. I feel that happening right now more than usual. I think the craziness of life since October is still taking its toll on me. I guess I just figured it would be over, and I would feel great! Maybe not realistic, but I guess I did not think it through very much.

So now I am trying to take it easy and be restful and relaxed, trying to rejuvenate and rest in the Lord.

Reading the Bible in 90 Days is definitely helping.

But I discovered what I consider to be THE KEY problem with the program: it makes most other plans look unsubstantial, like they could never possibly be enough. (Bible in a year? I need more than that!)

I have already realized that there is a very good chance that when I finish reading in 90 days that I will turn around and start again.

I had anticipated this being hard and grueling, but it is not. Right now I am waking up some where around 5:30 AM to read, and am done by 7AM. And last night when my husband was doing his devotional time I sat next to him and started reading 1 Peter. I look forward to that time in the morning and realize that it is helping me get back on track in numerous areas of my life.

It is difficult to explain how I am doing in my 90Days reading because it is such a positive experience in ways that cannot be easily quantified or explained. I will say that I am very grateful God gave me the nudge to do this (okay, it was probably more like a shove). Today's reading is done, and I feel like I am growing in my relationship with God and understanding of His Word in a big way. I feel like I am getting back on track with life in general. And I am starting to feel more contented with where I am.

How is your Bible study going? What are you reading? What is God teaching you?

If you want to hear more from bloggers reading the Bible in 90 Days, head on over to Mom's Toolbox.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Still inducting Ephesians...a very slow but fruitful procees for me:) I love the rabbit trails it's been taking me down, though. LAst week I got lost in Isaiah 51-52...loving it!

Mrs. Pear said...

Jen - ah, my second favorite way to study the scriptures - we call it the archaeological method around here! I love digging deep and searching for every nugget, and I love reading large chunks with no concrete goal beyond spending time with God, listening, thinking.

Ephesians is SO rich!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin